November 29, 2019
#2235: Group Chat Rules
[Title at the top of the comic]:
Rules for this group chat
[A numbered list of 10 rules]:
- Once you’ve sent a typing notification, you have to say something, c’mon.
- Show you care by trimming the tracking junk off links you paste.
- Do not talk about Fight Club (1999).
- There are two types of chats: those with a relevant group name, and those where the name is random nonsense that changes regularly. Only the second kind are good.
- When mentioning it elsewhere, always just refer to it as “the group chat” to create an aura of exclusive mystery.
- Robert’s Rules of Order are optional but encouraged.
- Periodically part of the group will split off to form a new chat with everyone minus one person. This is how group chats reproduce; don’t draw attention to it.
- Since there’s no algorithmic feed, the responsibility for injecting lots of garbage no one asked for falls on you.
- The enumeration, in these rules, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
- Sorry about all the notifications.